The Monetate Intelligent Personalization Engine™ has been ranked as a “leader” by Gartner Analysts. It’s a powerful solution that allows marketers to deploy personalized content in websites, emails, apps and online stores. The software is powered by AI, helping users determine optimal actions to reach their goals.
Monetate also offers a testing and product recommendation engine. The company’s Test and Segment solution includes A/B/n testing, multivariate testing, and dynamic testing capabilities which adjust traffic allocation automatically. Monetate’s product recommendation engine comes with built-in algorithms and allows customers to upload their own.
The company serves clients in a range of industries, including retail, automotive, travel and publishing. Monetate is best suited for enterprise customers, but is known to work with mid-market businesses as well.
According to online reviews, implementing Monetate is a costly but fairly straightforward process. Monetate has a service team available to assist customers with the setup. Some users also hire third party consultants to streamline the effort.
Monetate’s support team gets good ratings from customers.
- AI-powered personalization: determine which data is most relevant and which action will have highest likelihood of achieving your selected goal metric.
- Omnichannel support: push out real-time personalized actions in store, call center, email, websites, and apps.
- Segmentation: build segments using multiple data sources.
- Targeting: run A/B, multivariate and dynamic tests from a single platform.
- Product recommendations: use your own algorithms or leverage built-in algorithms like top selling by purchase count, newest products, recently viewed products, and more.
- Monetate can personalize websites and digital commerce experiences, and trigger product recommendations and other custom marketing content across channels.
- It is possible to trigger personalized actions in call center interactions using Montetate.
- The solution combines powerful personalization with testing capabilities.
- Customers are satisfied on the whole with the level of support, performance and the breadth of features offered by the product, in particular when it comes to testing, data management and integration.
- Monetate’s feature offering is extensive, as such it requires a steep learning curve.
- Online reviews show dissatisfaction with the solution’s reporting capabilities, results are not available in real-time.
- The solution is costly and will likely be worth the investment only if you have a large traffic volume.
- Some clients report dissatisfaction with the UI.
- Some customers report FOUC issues.
The verdict about Monetate
Monetate is a great option if you’re looking for a robust platform to perform omnichannel personalization, testing and product recommendations. It’s among the established players in the market and will get you the bang for your buck if you have high traffic volumes.
The solution is easy to deploy with the right technical resources. The company’s support team is known for being responsive and there’s a big ecosystem of consultants who specialize in the use of Monetate, in case you’re looking for extra help.
A word of caution is in order for organizations that are resource-constrained. If you run a small marketing operation you may be better off considering other solutions.
Are you this vendor?
Claim your listing to make sure all of your information is up-to-date