Evergage is a real-time personalization platform that allows you to deploy 1:1 experiences on multiple channels: websites, web and mobile apps, email and search. The solution leverages machine learning algorithms to deliver personalized experiences. It comes with behavioral tracking, segmentation based on behavioral and external input data, triggered messages, a recommendation engine, and analytics.
Evergage also includes a customer data platform that compiles profiles using personal, situational, life cycle, affinity and intent signals.
The toolset provides A/B Testing and multivariate testing as well as surveys. This wide feature palette makes it a good fit for experienced marketers that want to explore various conversion rate optimization options, but it can also pose a steep learning curve.
Evergage’s customers are primarily retail, technology and financial services companies.
Evergage requires that you add some code to your site and is a bit easier to implement than many of the other enterprise-grade personalization platforms. Their support team offers implementation assistance and they work with third parties who can also assist with implementation efforts.
According to online reviews, Evergage’s support team is very responsive and helpful. They offer additional managed services for customers looking for ongoing support and guidance on campaign development and execution.
- A data platform to unify customer profiles: aggregate behavior and third party data and manage customer profiles in a single place
- Segmentation: build segments manually and in real-time, using multiple data sources
- Targeting: deliver multi-channel campaigns for each visitor segment
- Recommendations powered by machine learning algorithms
- Triggered messaging: Present messages and experiences based on specific actions and behaviors.
- A/B & Multivariate Testing: compare experiences and test multiple variations at once
- Analyze campaign results across channels and at the segment level. Integrations with third-party tools like Google Analytics are available.
- Evergage’s customer data platform allows you to build detailed profiles for your audience using data from multiple sources. This helps you deliver campaigns based on highly targeted segments and facilitates data management.
- Multi-channel personalization is possible with Evergage, so you can deliver a unified experienced across web and mobile.
- Search and navigation personalization is pretty cool.
- Customers are satisfied on the whole with the product and level of support.
The following caveats are often mentioned.
- Evergage’s feature offering is extensive, so it requires a steep learning curve.
- Online reviews show dissatisfaction with the visual editor. It’s reportedly not very easy to use.
- As Gartner notes, given that Evergage has a data platform at its core, it “may not be a good fit for marketers that already have a CDP in place, unless they’re seeking a personalization engine that can also replace their CDP.”
- Some customers also state that you need HTLM and CSS experience to craft display campaigns.
The verdict about Evergage
Evergage is a powerful one-stop-shop for testing and personalization. If you’re looking for a customer data platform that incorporates conversion rate optimization capabilities, Evergage is an obvious choice. Do note that it requires an enterprise-grade budget. Your team will also need time to familiarize itself with the product.
On the whole, we like Evergage’s feature offering and we’re excited to hear that they are working on functionality to allow data science teams to import custom models into the solution. These extensive capabilities make it a great option for companies that are seriously invested in data-driven marketing and optimization.
We would recommend another solution for smaller business who have a low data maturity level and are only beginning to scratch the surface of personalization.
Are you this vendor?
Claim your listing to make sure all of your information is up-to-date