Founded in 2004, Certona is an established player in the personalization landscape. Powered by a sophisticated blend of continuous profiling and real-time targeting, the Certona personalization platform augments behavioral profiles with every interaction.
Certona claims that it personalizes customer experiences for 93 of the top retailers. The company’s clients are said to have averaged a conversion uplift of 23% when shoppers interacted with personalized experiences.
Certona is the only personalization vendor with a patented approach to tailor digital moments across all customer touchpoints, including web, mobile, stores, email, and call centers.
Certona is not the easiest to implement according to online reviews. Customers typically work closely with Certona’s support team and external consultants to implement the product successfully.
Certona’s support team gets good ratings from customers.
- Onmichannel personalization: personalize experiences across web, and mobile, as well as in-store.
- Product recommendations: combine contextual data with behavioral data to drive individualized recommendations with deep learning algorithms.
- Guided discovery: re-create personal in-store service online with a tool that helps customers find what they are looking for more quickly.
- Site search personalization: personalize site search with visual recommendations, as well as personalized product and category pages.
- Email and re-marketing: personalize email campaigns for each shopper.
- Test and measure: target different audiences and measure success with simple dashboards.
- Certona is a “tried and true” personalization vendor with great strengths for online retail personalization.
- The product provides onmichannel personalization capabilities, allowing you to offer a highly targeted user experience.
- It is possible to trigger personalized actions in call center interactions using Certona.
- The solution combines powerful personalization with testing capabilities.
- Certona’s Product Finder works as a surveying and engagement tool, helping retailers deliver highly personalized product recommendations.
- Certona is often rated below average in segmentation and data mining.
- Their UI is not the most advanced.
- The solution is best suited for digital commerce companies.
- The reporting capabilities are not as advanced as those provided by similar platforms.
The verdict about Certona
If you’re in retail and want to go for a proven solution, Certona is an excellent choice. The vendor is seen as a “leader” by Gartner Analysts and has been consistently ranked as a top personalization provider for e-retail. Having been in the market for over 10 years, Certona is an established player you can’t go wrong with if you’re mainly interested in personalized product recommendations.
If consistent innovation is important to you and you’re looking for a player whose roadmap you can influence, there are more suitable options out there. Certona is not your best bet if you’re in B2B or if you don’t have a considerable budget.
Are you this vendor?
Claim your listing to make sure all of your information is up-to-date